Join us Saturday, April 22nd at Government Plaza for the 2nd Annual Tuscaloosa Volksfest! Proceeds from this event benefit FOCUS on Senior Citizens of Tuscaloosa County.
Founded in 1973, FOCUS on Senior Citizens of Tuscaloosa County provides a variety of activities and services to meet the needs of our local residents 50 and older. Our mission is to enable seniors to remain Active, Independent, and Healthy.
Our umbrella of services include:
- A full service Senior Activity Center located at the Mcabee Center
- 3 nutrition sites in Tuscaloosa serving low cost nutritious meals
- Countywide transportation services to and from our nutrition sites, physician’s offices, and social service appointments
- The Retired Senior Volunteer Program which offers the opportunity to serve the community via a variety of local agencies
- The Foster Grandparent Program whereby seniors are placed in area classrooms during the school year to serve as mentors and tutors to at-risk children
- A wide array of social services including representative payee, Medicaid waiver, and Chore Aid
Your tax deductible donations help FOCUS provide services to area seniors. Your gift can provide a meal, a trip to the doctor, activities , and so much more! Click the donate button below.